The Creative Project Manager is responsible managing the day-to-day flow of a variety of creative projects through the marketing department from request through delivery. Candidates must have deep knowledge and understanding of creative project management and overall brand and product strategy for a variety of asset types, implementation and maintenance of creative pipeline processes, handling intake of projects from brand and product marketing teams, exhibiting high level knowledge of brand and marketing products, experience with media planning, reviewing and evaluating project briefs, making recommendations for resources, and developing schedules within the project management tools. This position reports to the Director of Creative Production.
- Work with production director, media director, brand and product marketing director leads to develop sustainable project pipelines and methods
- Cultivate an understanding of general compliance regulations in order to benefit production marketing managers and creative team
- Manage project cadence in order to deliver projects on schedule
- Receive project requests and make assignment recommendations per project type and specific brand/channel projects
- Maintain project status within project management software.
- Manage projects from request through to delivery, including scheduling and attending creative reviews
- Prepare and negotiate timelines/schedules with production, brand, ECD and other creative team members
- Works closely with all team members in order to forecast resourcing needs
- Maintain a working knowledge of our 90 day project forecast
- Oversee daily project flow, ensuring all partners are informed and part of process
- Maintain a level of brand stewardship
- Work with sr. team members and managers to maintain or evolve process-related needs of each group in the department; analyze causes of problems; research possible solutions; and make recommendations
- Track milestones for all projects; adjust schedules and maintain channel members’ expectations as necessary
- Communicate with and coordinate resources as needed
- Manage asset organization and archiving
- Manage jr. and project coordinators as needed
Skills, Abilities, Experience & Qualifications
- 5+ years experience project managing multiple asset types
- Highly organized, analytical problem solver
- Experience working with media planning departments
- Demonstrable experience working with brand and product strategy
- Ability to track and forecast potential resourcing requirements
- Proven tech and software savvy (picks up new software skills quickly)
- Ability to work quickly and decisively
- Experience managing others
- Flexible with superior prioritization skills within a fast-paced environment
- Strong service orientation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand interdepartmental structure and dynamics and use diplomacy to balance competing project requests
- Understanding of creative studio processes
- Skilled in asset management
- Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word, Wrike (and other project management tools) are pluses
- DAM experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5+ years in a project management role in an advertising agency or in-house marketing department.
At this time, we are only reviewing candidates already living in the Bay Area.
If this is you, show us why. Email your resume, PDF portfolio, links, along with current situation and reason for applying.