One of our San Diego clients, a 30 person (and growing) boutique creative, advertising and branding agency, is looking for an experienced Senior Designer / Art Director. This company is an entrepreneurial Mecca, walking distance to the beach (hello!) and filled with talented, spirited people, all driven (and stoked) to go above and beyond every-single-time.
This position works directly with ownership and is able to lead and create from concept through to final product, including identity/brand development, advertising campaigns, interior concepts, web sites, viral and guerrilla marketing. The successful candidate will be organized, dependable, knowledgeable, detail-oriented, able to work both autonomously and as part of a team and possess the ability to multitask and handle multiple projects simultaneously without freaking out. You will be responsible for taking briefs from Account Managers and ownership, working across a wide range of projects, and have the ability to direct a design team and get your hands dirty on projects.
- Create design solutions for our various clients, including but not limited to print, web, TV, social, environmental and more.
- Prepare files for printing and publishing
- Interface with merchants, creative, pre-press, and traffic teams to ensure design approvals
- Work in conjunction with different teams on collaborative projects
- Lead a team of designers
- Design and work on your own projects while multi-tasking with the team on various other projects
- Work on various hospitality experiences from casinos, hotels, restaurants and beyond.
- BA required in design, graphic arts, interactive media or related field
- Minimum of 6-7 years of prior agency work experience in a similar position
- Ability to prepare final mechanical files for release to printer
- Proficient with Mac OSX and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Illustrator proficiency and efficiency REQUIRED)
- Well developed typography skills (with knowledge of visual hierarchies)
- Strong conceptual and brainstorming skills
- The ability to work in a timely manner to meet deadlines
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and social personality
- Self-motivated, hard-working, initiative-taking
- Exposure to diverse project work
YOU? Right on. Now give us your best "WHY ME" email here